Event id 1003 and 1001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ,

Can some one help, event id is found with the two event

Eventid 1003 - Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 6ce1b2df, parameter3 b9f27cc0, parameter4 00000000.

Enentid 1001 -
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x237b2331, 0xb99decc4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

This error has occured after a sceduled reboot which runs daily for our environment.

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware (though somtimes by drivers) and are particularly a strong indicator of corrupted memory. Since we have no other information to work from your first best next step is to run Memtest on your RAM.

See this link and follow directions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Attachments

Hi , Thanks for the quick reply.

It was my mistake that i did not give more data. Here is the background.

The server were this error occured is on HP ESX 3.0.1. The machine is Virtual Machine. the server is an application server and there is a sceduled reboot of this VM daily at 5.00 am in the morning.

I have attched the evnt log and the memory dump log in this reply. All the resources are shared with 5 VM.

I have collected memory dump for the same but the zipped size is 14MB which i might not be able to attach in this reply.

I read what you attached and the thing that still stands out is your 0x8E errors. Run memtest and get back to us with your results. Keep in mind this test really does need to run for at least 7 Passes. However, if you begin to get errors before 7 Passes then stop it and run the test per stick to determine which ones are corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back