TechSpot

Evernote resets all user account passwords following security breach

By Shawn Knight
Mar 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A recent security breach at online note-taking service Evernote forced the company to reset all of their 50 million users’ passwords as a precautionary measure. The company noted (no pun intended) that there is no evidence that any content stored...

Read more
  2. Good example why Cloud computing ain't such a smart idea.
  3. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TS Enthusiast Posts: 202   +11

Dam. I was wondering why it was telling me to sign in.
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,650   +82

I got this notice too and funny I had changed the default password the other day. I had to change it again. Then on top of that I had to install a newer version. The software getting better but still they have so many updates for it.

I do like the flexibly of the software you can on it on desktop, laptop, netbook, tablet, and smart phone. Lots of choices. Take it with me on my smart phone to look at the food list or things to get list. Send the data back to the home server. Still not bad..
  5. Sphynx

Sphynx TS Rookie Posts: 35

Cloud Computing isn't a bad idea. Like anything else, you just have to understand the risks.
  6. TKendallHunt

TKendallHunt TS Rookie

With two factor authentication now even easier to roll-out and end users ever more aware of the vulnerabilities of static passwords, hopefully incidents such as these will serve to further encourage organizations to improve the security of their log-in procedures. All organizations are aware of the brand damage done when security is compromised, while too many consumers have had to put up with the consequences of such a breach. For end users, two factor authentication is no more complex than putting on a seat belt, but the security benefits it provides are considerable. While we can?t mandate that people ?buckle up? when online, we should at least give them the option to.

- T. Kendall Hunt, Chairman and CEO, VASCO

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.