Every time I record it defaults to microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC Machine

I have a game capture software program which takes a video in-game and records the sound , but because I also have microphone inputs windows defaults to microphone for the audio. :rolleyes:

That means I don't get in-game sound. I've tried changing the recording setting in the volume settings but as soon as I record it defaults to microphone. Seems some sort of auto-detection is on. :suspiciou

How can I switch this off or correct the problem? Thanks for any help. :cool:

Try, Start, control panel (Classic view), sounds and audio devices, Audio tab, Sound recording section click Volume..., options, properties, select stereo mix, hit ok then select stereo mix.

Fixed

Thanks for all the help. I used some software to choose the recording input (mic) and not record thru the sound card input (from DVD/VHS recorder). In the game I was playing (WoW) it listed my recording input device as different to the sound card. That worked! Because I couldn't hear my own microphone in-game threw me off but it was confirmed as working.

The Gamecam software was then set to record WAVE and it captured in-game sound without having to record from the output (to DVD/VHS) and then back in thru the video/sound capture as I was doing before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back