everything's pink

JSR

lost the color green in the monitor's color spectrum...............is this fixable...........or do i just go shoppin'

maybe........ its cause.... all the acid........ you take............ is messing with your head.......... and making you see pink....... i suggest.......... you sober up........

maybe it's the cesspool

in northern oregon.............that has affected...........your ability to be courteous and help.......i know how miserable you must be........i still actually could use your help........if of course you aren't too grouchy:wave:

It sounds like one of you electron guns in your tube has gone - much as you already suspect. This is the most likely cause, but it could also be due to some part of the electronics that controls the green gun has stopped working. If the gun has gone then you'll definitely need a new monitor as they are not worth fixing because of the cost, and good monitors are very cheap right now. If the problem is with the gun, then it will be permanently off and not intermittent. If you experience any occassional return to the correct colour then you may be able to fix it as it is most likely due to a poor contact somewhere in the green gun circuit.

Originally posted by Soul Harvester
maybe........ its cause.... all the acid........ you take............ is messing with your head.......... and making you see pink....... i suggest.......... you sober up........

That was a 100%, genuine LOL!!!!

Thanks man, its nice when that happens.

Have you ever tried waving a magnet behind your TV or computer screen? Yeah, you might have done that.

i demagnetized

LOL!!! ........new monitor time:hotouch:........after i sober up

Re: i demagnetized

Originally posted by JSR
LOL!!! ........new monitor time:hotouch:........after i sober up

If i were you i'd buy a new keyboard too...

Yours looks like your 'full-stop' key is stuck...:D

Only kidding;)

Losing a single color on your monitor is typically caused by a bad connection.

Check the pins inside your monitor's VGA connector and ensure they are straight and the same length. Also check that the connection is firm and secure. You may even want to wiggle the connectors behind the monitor and behind your system to see if the green color flickers off and on..

It is very possible there is a short or severance in your VGA cable preventing one or more of the pins not to connect properly. Most monitors have the cables built-in, but there are many that have replacable VGA cables.

I don't think I've ever seen a tube go bad and just effect one color, although that is possible I'm sure.

The cable on my trinitron monitor does that from time to time, the green and red wires are a little off, so if the cable gets squished, everything appears in blue.

Back