EveshamVale - Motherboard Type

By laptox
Apr 6, 2010
  1. Hi,

I have an eveshamvale computer - I have run CPU-Z - and it lists the motherboard as eveshamvale - however 'eveshamvale' have gone bust, however I was considering upgrading this to windows 7 - but just wonder about the drivers ?

Anybody any views if this is feasible ?
    Edit Seems the Motherboard is MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R - anybody any ideas if this will work with windows 7 - or where I might get drivers ?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Windows 7 works well with a lot more hardware than any Windows OS before. There is a Windows Upgrade Advisor program out there. Google for it
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,156   +598

First, you have the issue of finding the right drivers and then Win/7 requires Signed Drivers.

There is a hack to bypass that requirement, but you need engough to get the system installed and running before you can regedit to stop the Signed Driver requirement.
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

I don't know about this old MSI motherboard, but with my "old" ABIT board, all the drivers were updated by Windows Update soon after Windows 7 was installed. I had no trouble installing Windows 7 Pro 64 bit over Vista Home Premium, SP2, 64 bit at all
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.