eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

miska_man

Ok, I got a new graphics card today. It's a EVGA GeForce 9600 GSO. So I grounded my self, unplugged everything, the usual stuff. Installed my card, made sure it was all the way seated, but didn't plug in the power supply because I need an adaptor. So Question 1. is the power just for the fan ON the card, or for the fan AND the card?

I turned back on my computer and it put out this loud constant beeping sound and nothing showed up on the screen. In the manual for the GeForce under Quick Fixes it says:
"Problem: At boot-up, all you hear is a series of beeps from the computer but see no screen at all.

Cause: The beep sounds are warning sound from the motherboard BIOS that says that it cannon initialize the video card. This can mean on of three things:
1. The card is not seated correctly. Well I made sure it was seated
2. There is a problem with the motherboard's video card slot. It's a brand new computer, I don't think the motherboard is crap already.
3. There is a problem with the video card. Well its a brand new card too, so I don't think it's that either.

Solution: Remove the card from the computer and reinsert it, making sure that the card is seated properly in the slot. Then try to boot the computer again. If this does tnot work, then the problem is either with the motherboard or the video card and you should contact your hardware manufacturer.

So Question 2 arises: What could the problem be?
Also Question 3: Where can I get an adaptor to adapt my 6 pin power on my card to my SATA power supply cables?

I would post a link, but it says I need 5 posts..

It needs that power connection, usually there is a cable that comes with that card that you can attach one end (2x 4 pins) to the PSU and the other 6-pin to the graphic card.

It might just need that power.

If it still doesn't work, even if you think it is seated perfect take it out and put it back in.

You know it seems unlikely but I just bought a 9600 GT yesterday and put it in. I had the exact same problem. Power was connected, it was in just fine and yet no signal.

I took it out and made sure there was no dust and that it was in there correctly when I put it back in and It is working fine for me now.

miska_man, it is the power connector. it has has to be connected for the computer to work. I did the same thing one time with a computer that did not have a board speaker and all I got was a very loud screech out of the computer. I took the side off and check and all I had to do was plug in the video card and the computer booted.

Ok, thanks for your help. The only reason I didn't plug in the card was because I have a PSU with basically all SATA connectors and this of course is a 6 pin. So I just ordered an adaptor and it should be here in a couple days. I might give you an update then.

I have an another problem with my Leadtek 9600 GSO. I have installed my video card correctly in the pciexp slot, i have installed windows XP, and after i install my video card drivers, when i'm playing a game, after a few minutes my PC is freezing down. On my monitor the everithig stopps, and i can do nothing, just restarting my PC. And this thing doesnt happens only in games, it happens during navigation on net.
What could be the problem with my card? I haveformatted my PC, and after installing the VC driver, everything is the same, my PC is freezing down during gameplaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back