EVGA GTX 460 problems

sandmanz66

Just installed a new EVGA card. This is the card that has 2 460 GTX Gpu's on it. The problem is the PC starts up normally, I get one beep and all things start loading fine and I can even hear the windows 7 startup tune. Unfortunately I get no video to the monitor. I will then hold down the power button and power it down. I hit the power button again, get the "Windows did not start up normally" screen and THEN I am able to get it started and working correctly. Now this morning I did all the things I previously did and got "Startup Recovery". This ran for a while and then windows came up normally. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

System
Asus P8Z68 deluxe mobo
evga 2 win 460gtx dual gpu 2 gb vid mem
OCZ Fatality series PSU 750w
Intel Core i7 2700k cpu
8gb Corsair vengeance Ram
1 tb Seagate HDD

did you upgrade to the latest drivers? If all else fails try updating the BIOS.
if that fails, save yourself the hassle of troubleshooting and RMA the card.

Did the drivers over and over...couldn't get the old ones to delete from the system. What I've found it is that my PSU, even though it is a 750w is underpowered for this card on the +12v rail. The card needs at least 46a on the rail. The PSU I currently have is 18a on 3 rails. Just got an 850w PSU with 70a on the +12v rail. This should fix the problem. Thank you for the reply.

Did the drivers over and over...couldn't get the old ones to delete from the system. What I've found it is that my PSU, even though it is a 750w is underpowered for this card on the +12v rail. The card needs at least 46a on the rail. The PSU I currently have is 18a on 3 rails. Just got an 850w PSU with 70a on the +12v rail. This should fix the problem. Thank you for the reply.
no problem. glad you got it sorted :)

Back