TechSpot

EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

By EDWARD CLEES
May 4, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I AM UPGRADING FROM A RADEON 5700 1G TO A
    EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
    is this a good enough step up to play battle field 4 at a high level?
    low on cash but this card I found seems to have what I need plus maybe a few yrs in it before a upgrade is needed. any input would be appreciated.
    reason I ask is I have a day to cancel and get something else but I am not real good with computers. I am running a phenom quad core with 4 gigs of ram on win 7 ultimate and a 600 watt power supply and 1t hard drive

OH AND MY MOTHERBOARD IS A GA-MA785GM-US2H

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,551   +2,894

This should answer your question. The GTX 660 has 30FPS with ultra quality at 1680x1050. Lowering the quality settings to high, raised the frame rate to nearly 50FPS.
    http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/

Final Thought:
    Side note:
    Another improvement would be to get 8GB memory. In my opinion 4GB is boarder-line to being sufficient.

Jad Chaar likes this.
  3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

But keep in mind though, the recent drivers have made improvements to BF4 improvement and therefore could allow him to play at high @ 60 FPS.

But yeah, +1 for Clifford's thoughts on the RAM since you are going to need 8GB of system RAM (not GPU VRAM) to run higher quality textures in any game.

cliffordcooley likes this.