EVGA USB VGA Adapter, just a little question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

Hi all, long time no see. I was at work this morning when I noticed a product sitting on the counter. n ow this isn't uncommon as there is often product laying around before the store opens, it's my job to put it all away. Anyways, this particular product was an EVGA USB-VGA Adapter. I took a closer look at it and it appears that what it does is allow people that don't have secondary monitor outputs to use an open USB 2.0 port to achieve the same effect. Now, I do have 2 DVI ports on my computer, and 2 monitors, but my question is not related to that, it's this, would I be able to reverse the...flow, meaning instead of going from the computer through USB to the monitor, could I go from something outputting a VGA signal and put it into the computer? Here is the product on Circuit City's (where I work) website:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/eVGA...09621/catOid/-12961/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I've been looking for a way to record in at high def, even 720p, from my Xbox 360. I have the VGA adapter for the Xbox 360, and I would like to look into getting this if I could plug my 360's VGA output into this and record it through some app for the computer. Maybe FRAPS or some screen recording software.

If anyone knows anything about this product, or can use deductive reasoning (I can't to save my life, on things like this) to figure out whether I could use this for this purpose, I would be grateful indeed, this might be just what I'm looking for!

Thank you in advance.

Really? Can someone just take the 30 seconds to answer this PLEASE! I'm willing to buy this if it'll do what I need. All is explained in the first post, please don't ignore this, I'd really like this answered and I think I spwlled everything out as clearly as humanly possible, I can't do anything else to make it more apparent what I want to get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back