TechSpot

eVGA's GeForce4 MX 440 Review

By lokem
Mar 25, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eVGA's e-GeForce4 MX 440 review @ Tech Report

Used the search feature and I can't find anyone posting this so here it is. This is also one of the prizes of the forum's contest.

Not to spoil the fun, but I never expected the GF4MX to perform in such a manner :(

2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

Audio and Video > Any positive experiences with GeForce4 MX-440
    http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=423&highlight=pixel shaders
    Don't L:rolleyes: :rolleyes:K a gift horse in the mouth! ;) Understand this is a budget card, but it has 3 times the fps of a GeF2 MX!

3. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 773

No matter how "budget" the GF4MX is, I'll exchange it with my GF2MX anyday! :)

4. DogStar

DogStar TS Rookie Posts: 142

review madness

The 440MX GPU has been copping a bit of flak from some reviewers.I came across this Penstarsys which to me explained this GPU a bit better.

For a plethora of reviews on this GPU from different manufacturers visit 8Dimensional

I have bought the Leadtek A170 DDR T to replace my fried GF2MX. Only thing is I'm still waiting for my comp to come back from the comp shop after this . Worst thing is I've had the A170 sitting on my comp desk the last week and a half just teasing me.:p
    Can't wait to get it in my comp when it's fixed.

5. DogStar

DogStar TS Rookie Posts: 142

Geforce4 MX 440 Users

I'm sure some people have aquired this card and I was curious about your thoughts on the NV17 GPU.
    Are you pleased with the performance?(compared to what you upgraded from)
    How much of a bearing do you think your CPU has on overall performance( considering your CPU has to make up the workload for the missing InfiniteFX engine)
    If you have DVD do you think the quality/CPU usage is better compared to your old vid card. (regardless of s/ware player used)
    Do the visuals (non AA & AA) look and perform better.
    Have you tried any DX 8.x gaming and are you satisfied compared to your old vid card.

Hopefully I will be able to answer these questions myself soon (I miss my comp) but was curious as to other peoples thoughts on this after they upgraded. I don't expect to run Aquanox @100 fps @ 12x10 as this is a "budget" card, but after seeing many (put down) reviews on the web I think it comes down to us "budget "users, and the ability of NV to supply a better "budget" GPU.

6. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

Re: Geforce4 MX 440 Users

No, but I was hoping to win one!
    Otherwise, if I was in the market for a Geforce & couldn't afford the GeF4, I'd probably look for a GeF3Ti @ a reduced price.

As far as your needs, & your other post concerning NvDvD
    Nvidia's new NVDVD (multimedia software)
    http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=890
    the MX440 should do just fine.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.