Evidence of virus's but ESET NOD32 doesnt detect any

hey fellas
I used Spyware doctor and ESET NOD32 virus scanners to remove some virus's (trojans and spyware which are now in ESET NOD32's quarantine) from my computer

After i tried logging back onto my user account following a restart of my computer after the virus scan had completed, Windows Explorer did want to respond which it then restarted, looks for a solution then restarts again in a cycle that doesnt allow me to do anything other than hold in the power button on my desktop

I can log on to my other user account (which still goes slower than usual and freezes every so often from when i removed the virus's)
I cannot use my account in safe mode as windows explorer doesnt respond as it does in normal mode

I'm not sure what i should do other than delete my user account but i dont want to refer to doing that until i run out of options as there is alot of data in there

I'am currently running Vista on a HP Compaq

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

It's not uncommon for many a/v packages to only partially remove viruses. And sometimes even if they "deactivate" the active part of the infection they can still often no do a good job at cleaning it all up (leaving behind pieces that can still interfere with Windows)

If you think this could be your case, Start here for Virus/Malware removal Instructions Attach your logs for review in Malware removal forum

okay ill try that
ive also used Malware bytes and spyware doctor to try and find more virus's or maybe get rid of them better than NOD32

thanks alot for your help, much appreciated

Back