Excel 2007 misbehaving

By Doug Johnson
Feb 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. My excel 2007 has started misbehaving. A save as window will pop up on its own & when I choose to save it pops right back up. If I choose to cancel, it cancels & pops right back up. When I click escape it goes away. Whats up? Other oddities are occurring on my dell notebook since I have been helping my brother with his dell notebook he just got off of ebay. I remotely access his computer using We activated his office 2013 on his machine but he is getting some strange messages like "picture is too large .... it will be truncated". I have found responses on this message with google but all comments relate to earlier versions & I am unable to get his message to stop. If we click ok twice we can go on & paste. Is my machine getting corrupted by his? Help!
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

I would try to do a repair. I believe this can be done through the help menu in an Office app. Otherwise, try a repair, through the Programs control panel (or add remove programs if this is xp).