Excel docs slow to open

By ptim
Jan 27, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm having issues in my office, with Office 2007, mainly Excel, when you go through Windows Explorer to open a excel file, it takes forever for the file to open.
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,423   +281

I forget if Office 2007 has it or not, but the previous versions had a repair. I checked where it was in the old ones and didn't see it. But if nobody has a better idea I'd suggest starting the install again, and seeing if there is a repair option. If not, just reinstall it.
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,286   +281

he's speaking of cp->Add/Remove->Office (or excel it it's listed separately)
    click CHANGE ->Repair
  4. AudioVayne

AudioVayne Newcomer, in training Posts: 142

I too am having issues with 2007 Microsoft Office

I get the following message when I open Excel, Word and Powerpoint (Publisher works, but dare I try any others?)

Excel Failed to start correctly last time. Starting Excel in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may be disabled in this mode.

Do you want to start Excel in safe mode?

If I click yes or no it doesn't do anything, (on occasion Ill get a message prompting to diagnose and repair, a couple of minutes later it says i's successful but back to square one)

I have just installed SP1 in hopes there's some sort of fix, to no avail
    I have tried a repair via the installation disc
    I am hoping I don't have to uninstall / reinstall because I don't know if the licenses are limited

If anyone could shed some light on how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Model: Compaq Presario V5000
    Office: Microsoft Office Home And Student 2007
    Specs: Pentium M 1.46Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.