Exchange 2003 receiving but not sending mails

Status
Not open for further replies.
As above really, i have a 2003 sbs with exchange 2003 SP1, and i can receive emails but just not send them , they go into sent items but wont leave the server. i can telnet to port 25 fien so i dohnt think its that, i also changed port to 26 with no affec, i dont use smarthosts, my isp is Orange, and i use no-ip to static my address? any help would be great? thanks Dan

Is this a new setup or is this an existing exchange setup that was working and is now not working? I know in exchange 2007 there is not a send connector setup by default although I believe in exchange 2003 a send connector is setup on install but I may be mistaken. Check and make sure a send connector is installed and Take a look at the queue and see that the exchange organization is properly configured there was well.

-

Hi this is a brand new install - so exchange has never worked - i am a bit of a newby - where would i find if it has a send connector set up?

Thanks

Well I cant speak for Exchange 2003 because I am currently using exchange 2007 but in 2007 its under Organization Configuration and then Hub Transport and Send connectors. In exchange 2003 from the little I remember its not exactly the same so I am not all that sure. Somewhere there should be a place where you can specify send connectors though. Do a Google search for creating a send connector in exchange 2003 here is a link to doing it in exchange 2007 not that it helps you :)

Ok I cant post a link yet cause im too new.... so if you need or want the link send me a message. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back