EXE Problem and Windows Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

wee1man

I need Help i have did something to windows7 . Everytime i open up an exe file eg. my documents , my computer , games, malaware bytes, anything really that uses an exe ,
the problem is that when i click to run any of them Windows media Center is set as the default program , i think it was a virus or my stupidity , but windows media center trys to open the programs even Avira so i need to to change the default program for opening them how do i do this , i cannot use system restore i have tried and have no back up images , i have tried the repair by pushing f8 at start up , i have reinstalled windows using the up grade method but it remains the same i cannot run malawares bytes or avira or spybot search and destroy when i try to use them they open up with windows media center which will not execute the programs , hope this is enuff info.

Use your Windows 7 disk in R for Repair Mode... not R for Recovery... and it will replace the damaged parts of Windows while leaving your install and other programs alone... although you will have to reinstall some updates...

Works well. Do a google search or live search at Microsoft for the how to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back