TechSpot

Execution Errors during back up - Maxtor

By sillygirl
Jan 21, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey ya'll -

I have installed a couple of Maxtor external hard drives as back up to PC's. Software for back up is Retrospect. Operating System on PC's - Windows XP.

One is running beautifully - did a full back of of the C drive and appends to that on a nightly basis all week.

The second one is giving me grief - after starting the initial run - it shut down due to finding a virus. I ran virus scan, removed the virus, ran scan again to make sure and started again. I deleted the back up file created the first time around and started fresh. I am getting the message "completed but with 6 execution errors.

They are:

While Copying -

C:\windows\software distribution\eventcache\{d3ccce45-39EB-4049-9518-c
    C:\windows\temp\webpoolfilefile: can't read, error-1020 (sharing violation) - no files appeared to be open

While Comparing -

C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Sync map.mmf: didn't copy
    C:\Windows\Prefetch\RTHLPSVC.EXE-289fbd89.pf: different modify date
    C:\Windows\Prefetch\WMIPRVSE.EXE-28f301a9.pf: different modify date
    C:\Windows\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\Mapping.ver: different modify date

Any suggestions as to what I can do to make these execution errors go away? I have one more back up to install but am not going to proceed until this one is taken care of....

Thanks,
    Kim
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.