Explorer.exe failure lead to disk error

Jake Barr

I installed a theme, which apparently messed with the explorerframe file or something. At first when I restarted my computer I got an error that said explorer.exe crashed but after a while it evolved into a disk error message. I cannot log onto my laptop at all. What could I do to stop this, since I can't get beyond the 'disk error. press cntrl + alt + del to restart' message?

128Gb crucial m4 sdd. 8gb ram. Intel pentium 2.1 ghz processor. Win7 x64 home premium. It was working fine until I tried using the theme. Like I said, I think it did something to the explorerframe.dll. I am pretty sure my drive works. I would do system restore but as of now it won't let me beyond the error screen.

I don't think it was a virus or anything. previously I had been fine. How would I reload it fresh? I do have backup disks.

Well you have to be able to get into Windows don't you... You are going to have to take this to a friend or repair shop. To someone that knows computer repair well

I still have the sata to usb cable and my old hard dive. Could I put the old hard drive in and wipe my ssd and use the back up disks to restore it?

Back