Explorer/Firefox auto closing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreC

Ok i have avery wierd problem... On very few webpages.. i go to them and they will close the program i am using either firefox or explorer...no error message no nothing doesnt even say what caused it, it just auto closes i have not the slightest idea why.. any tips to try would be great

hi, first of all is your system infection free, i suspect you have a browser infection so could you download Hijackthis from techspot downloads, and read instructions on how to post a hjt log. and get back to us

regards pcaceit

Just viewed your hjt, and what comes to mind is combination of norton and spybot s&d and web browsing.

Cant be 100% cause i'm not running that setup. but i recall from when i did evaluation, that there was an issue with S&D and norton running together and it was because i had some active monitoring feature of s&d running that caused it. so i disabled the active monitoring feature in S&D and it solved the problem.

would also suggest you check application event log in event viewer and see what events have occurred relation to either of your browsers?

I will gladly try both of your methods when i get home.. unfortunately i am at work atm so i will have to do it in about 4 hours and let you know... but thanks that could very well be the problem...

Erg no such luck.. i disabled the norton and spybot client both and tried starting firefox in safemode... with only internet but no go... perhaps it could just be them conflicting on the os all together? i am not sure... should i try unistalling them perhaps and then something? Let me know... cuz unistalling them isnt a problem... i have the disks for the so let me know if i shoudl try that...

Ok after uninstalling norton+s&d still boots me out of the prog everytime i go to one of those sites... i tried to start comp in safe mode but my internet didnt start so i just got error>page cant load blah blah.. any help?

err sorry about the triple post but i just found out the problem... was a conflict error between 3 virus progs i am running ss&d norton and lavosoft... i took them off and ran ccleaner and it erased the problem... thanks for the tips before guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back