External hard drive broken

terry5880

Hi all I have a 750gb seagate external hard drive , and the usb port bit broke on it so ive taken the hard drive out the casing . just wanted to know is this a 3.5" .as I bought new one so thinking of selling this one on ebay or using it for my pc. any more info needed please reply thanks

I don't know, you are the one that took the drive out. Measure it? Or just look at pictures of 2.5" and 3.5" drives on the internet, you'll know what drive it is.

Or you could just tell us the model of the external and we'll be able to tell you what it is.

Hi I dont think its either and on it it says seagate free play 750gb pn 9TY14Z-550
ST9750430AS

It has a 2.5" drive in it.. If just the USB port broke on the external enclosure, all the data should still be good on it and you could use it as a regular hd. I'd recommend a USB docking station that will accept 2.5" or 3.5" SATA drives. They are very useful and not crazy expensive, so even if the drive died, you are still going to be able to use it for other things (like making any internal drive you find on sale work as an external).

Thanks sng thats exactly what I did I took it out casing copied stuff over to my new hard drive then formatted that one and will now use as spare or sell on ebay

Back