External hard drive cannot be read in the device manager and in my computer

Good day sir/ madam

I have a problem with my Seagate BUP Slim BK USB Drive, the said device is not appearing in both device manager/ my computer/ disk management. but somehow I am able to find it on hidden devices on the device manager but says it is not connected with the computer, there is not problem with the connection in the USB ports , and also a Disk unknown in the disk management, please help!!! ASAP!!!1.png 2.png 3.png 1.png 2.png

WELL, here's my disk mgr view
upload_2017-2-15_9-34-42.png

I find it disturbing that C: in your view is not properly shown; DISK-0 is always the Booted Device.

WELL, here's my disk mgr view
View attachment 82118

I find it disturbing that C: in your view is not properly shown; DISK-0 is always the Booted Device.

Actually in my setup I have a 2TB HDD storage/backup HDD connected to Sata port #0 ( Disk 0) and the boot/windows 10 system connected to port #1(Disk #1). I think the location of HDD physical connection on the motherboard determines the Disk # as seen in Disk Management Console snap-in. I use a legacy Bios (not EFI ) in a Dell studio 540 desktop.

"I think the location of HDD physical connection on the motherboard determines the Disk #"

Contrary to my experience; the boot disk is always disk-0. I'm on a legacy boot Dell laptop

BTW: I now have two such devices (Seagate BUP Slim BK USB Drive). I formatted one as NTFS to get the ACL (access control list) feature and attach it to my wife's iMac as a shared network backup resource - - it required the Paragon NTFS driver for mac, but works like a charm.

The other device is attached to my Dish DVR as an external USB storage. I've found Dish formatted it as a Linux EXT3 filesystem. It will not attach to a PC, but booting Linux Knoppix allows investigation of the media.

Back