Alright, I've had this problem for the last few weeks. I have a Alura-tek USB2.0 SATA hard drive dock that I use with a 2TB WD Caviar Green. After using this dock on a different computer a few weeks ago, I came home to find that win7 was requiring me to install drivers for a new USB controller. It installed as a Generic USB controller and the hard drive dock was tied to it. I then get the message "This device can perform faster" and "click here for a list of ports..." It shows 6 ports, for the 6 ports I have on my computer under the two existing usb controllers I have. I've tried uninstalling the new controller, deleting the infcache.1 file and tried using the device on a different pc. It works find on other pc's, but not on my main desktop. I can't seem to find the problem. Also, the computer I used it with before it stopped working was running DeepFreeze, if that means anything.