External hard drive not detected

i have a western digital external harddrive (WDBAAR5000ABK-00)
that is not being detected by my computer. i plug it in and the pc does not
even makes the sound of (device connected) it doesn't appear at the (my computer) screen neither at device manager.
the hard drive does turn on and can hear it spin. i just cant find it on my computer.
is there any way to make the hard drive appear ?
i already changed the usb cable,

thank you

Is that an old drive... We have discovered a lot of difficulties of the WD drives in external case being recognized as they age... Their life expectancy appears to be very short... too often, between one and two years.

Well yes it is around two years old but it still tuns on as it did always even the LED light. But it just doesnt appears in the pc.
Is there anything i could do? Maybe take it apart and find something broken? Has there been any case where this was fixed?
Thank you for reading

Well yes it is around two years old but it still tuns on as it did always even the LED light. But it just doesnt appears in the pc.
Is there anything i could do? Maybe take it apart and find something broken? Has there been any case where this was fixed?
Thank you for reading

WD drives fail more often than any other desktop hard drive. You can't take it apart unless you want to make it a paperweight...

Back