External hard drive windows 7 itunes problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use an external hard drive to store my music files. My itunes library comes directly from my external hard drive. I have never had any issues transferring music from my external drive onto my ipod. Recently, I upgraded to windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition from vista 64 bit. My last ipod broke so i needed to put my library onto a new ipod that i just bought. However, when i try to do so, my computer freezes. I tried putting some of the music back onto my c drive and transferring it from there and it worked perfectly. Then i tried putting only a few albums on my external and synced them onto my ipod no problem, but once there were about 200 songs on my ipod it would freeze again no matter how many songs i tried to transfer. I have about 5000 songs so i dont want to have to sync the music from my c drive and then relocate the files in itunes from my external hard drive. My external hard drive seems to be working fine, so this seems like an issue with itunes and Windows 7. Any ideas?

How about from My computer just browse your ipod to where the music is stored and open your external hard drive and copy the tunes that way. (instead of using itunes)

I did that on my daughters new ipod because i was working on windows 7 and did not want to install itunes on Windows 7 but wanted to put her itunes music from xp on her new ipod.
it worked fine just like copying from one folder to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back