External HDD Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a Trekstor Movie station External HDD (400GB) which usually plays well on TV/PC. But unfortunately it stopped working after a power-cut. Since then it was inaccesible/undetected either by TV or PC and I hear no spin of the HDD as it does normally and has a blue LED which is on always.

So am not able to reslove the issue and fix the actual problem..have few queries in mind like:

1. First of all is the HDD damaged/failed due to power interruption?
2. Is there a chance to restore the files in any case?
3. Is there any possible solution for it to run?

I would greatly appreciate if u guys can help me and am really thankful in advance.

Regds,
RAJ

It sounds like the power outage is the culprit... Its important to have some sort of UPS if your power cuts a lot as powering on//off a device is the thing that wears it out the most.

Even if you can't recognize the drive, I wouldn't be too fast to discard it as the information can most likely be recovered. The only problem is it can be quite costly to recover the data.

If I were you, I wouldn't try to fix it myself, just cause you might do more damage than good. When my drive failed I used a program called Ontrack Easy Recovery. It is a GREAT software, but very expensive. Just try searching for recovery tools, its your best bet. Once you recover everything, make sure to backup all your info from now on (I created a RAID-mirror incase one drive fails). Also, check out this thread it might help...

Thanks giyad for your reply. I will try your suggestions and see if can do something worthwhile and as u said it wd b the power outage and voltage fluctuation which might have caused the HDD to fail. I believe the platters have lost contact with the disk drive so as to make it run..Anyway will try my best to recover my data and be precautious in future to overcome such difficulties.

Thanks once again for your help in this regard..

Best Regards,
RAJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back