External monitor red & blue when plugged into laptop

terry5880

Hi all for a while now I been plugging external monitor into my laptop as I do karaoke some times always been fine but now all of a sudden when I plug it in the screen on monitor goes red & blue . tried 4 different monitors and all do the same so was thinking is it a simple driver issue or has something come loose inside on the vga port.. went to a shop and they wanted £90 no wayyyy . all help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated .. thanks

Are you using the same cable when you tested w/ 4 monitors? Something similar happened to me a while back and it was due to a bent pin. I was able to straighten it and fixed the problem.

Hmmm...maybe something, a connection, got loose over time as you connect/disconnect. Perhaps a solder joint needs to be repaired. This is a VGA connection on the mobo?

I missed the part about laptop. Does it have a HDMI/DVI connection you can use? If not, there are USB to DVI or VGA adapters that will allow monitors to be connected to a laptop via USB. Not sure how well those work though. Hopefully, someone can offer some troubleshooting advices.

Thanks for all your input rabbit im hoping some one can help further or experienced this problem if not then ill look at converting it via hdmi or usb

UPDATE - hi all turned laptop on today and now it is having mad problems it freezes bad to where I cant do nothing also circle timer thing keeps popping up all the time mainly over the internet thing on task bar .. ive tried to get into tools and chkdisc but it freezes then to cant see 1st problem being related but any help appreciated

Back