Extracting .cab files

Status
Not open for further replies.

gale

How can I find which .cab file a windows program was extracted from. Need the plugin for PE builder. Thank you.

Maybe explain a bit more?

You have a lot of .cab files and you want to know which one of them contains a specific file?

If they are standard (MS) cabinet files, then any archive utility should be able to search for files inside archives. Try WinRAR for example.

Thats the challenge

Theres no way to know,Windows mixes them up.
Back when i had W98 I wanted to get The W95 Pinball game.
I used my W95 cd and it took many cab files to piece together
what i thought was The files I needed as i couldn't run W95.
I did get them though and installed Windows Pinball.
What is PE builder ? What version OS ?

A .cab file is just an archive. It can contain arbitrary files. There is no real connetion between a given file and a given .cab file. You just have to know which cabinet file you need or search through them.

Was trying to put some pgms in Barts PE builder and really do not know how to do same. Know that there are sites pertaining to plugins that people have made available but was wondering i general how to make these cab files. I know they have to have. inf files, etc. Thanks.

The plugins vary from source to source depending on the author. If one source can offer Ad-Aware then I know that these plugins can be created .... I have other pgms I would like to include in the PE builder. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back