Extremely slow HP Dv6 for no detected reason

Hey all,

Thank you for running such a great website dedicated to helping people like us.

I currently own an HP Pavilion Dv6 (as specified in my signature) and it goes like this:

1. Bought laptop
2. Laptop uber slow after a few months of usage
3. Reinstalled Windows various times and fixed problem temporarily
4. Took laptop to repair shop and turns out there was a virus/worm. Thus, cleaned infection and problem disappeared temporarily
5. Problem is back after 2 months of usage and repeated step 4 but this time with a backup and format
6. In less than 2 weeks, problem is back

So what IS the problem?

It is simple this: The computer takes a hell lot of time to
a. Reboot
b. Startup
c. Run programs
d. Perform actions like launch, right click, close, minimize, maximize programs
e. Shut down

The interesting thing is that it almost a freeze but more like the system is running as if something is holding back the launch. I don't know. I cannot even tell anymore what the problem is. Additionally, I cannot enter Safe Mode. It takes AGES to load the files from the system then it reboots before it finishes.

What is weird is that SOMETIMES when I switch off the wireless internet & bluetooth, it runs normally UNTIL I reboot it.

What solution is there for this issue?

If you have any further questions that can allow me to clarify this issue more technically, do let me know as I would like some serious help here. I hardly used this laptop and honestly it has great specs that I can utilize for work and whatnot.

That's a lot of description! But is doesn't appear to be malware. There are many reasons for slow computer.

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate forum.

Have you run a virus and malware scan recently? What is your installed security software? Do you go to any questionable websites?

Do you think maybe you could check the minidump files for nimbus? I had the thread moved here as it seems to be more related to a system problem rather than malware. He may have malware, but I don't think it's the cause of what is described.

Do you think maybe you could check the minidump files for nimbus? I had the thread moved here as it seems to be more related to a system problem rather than malware. He may have malware, but I don't think it's the cause of what is described.

Sure Bobbye, no problem. I dind't notice him mentioning Blue Screens though thus I didn't ask. :blush:

@ nimbus125 - How long have these issues been happening? What is the m,ake of the harddrive that HP has installed?

Have you run a virus and malware scan recently? What is your installed security software? Do you go to any questionable websites?

Actually I did and I am using MS Security Essentials. As for the Hardware make, would you assist me in finding this piece of information out? The problem started last October.

Sorry for the late response you guys!

Back