Exxon does it again...

D

DelJo63

In the story posted on RT.COM, Mayflower, Arkansas apparently looks like a scene from "the walking dead".

Oil has been spilled into the streets of Mayflower - - akin to the Alaska Valdez incident.

The HuffingtonPost also has a video on the problem.

Electric is garbage. I am an environmentally friendly guy, but Electric is not the way to go. I feel Hydrogen is the future. I didnt think this until a few days ago when I read an article about how Virginia Tech was able to create Hydrogen from any plant. I feel like by 2020 we will be able to harness Hydrogen efficiently and cheaply.

However, remember the Hindenburg! The Stanley Steamer was feared for boiler explosions and that was trivial energy release compared to stored hydrogen.

Until batteries can store at least 10x the amount of energy for their current size/weight electric cars are not a practical replacement for petrolium powered cars. I don't see that happening any time soon so I agree I think hydrogen is our closest replacement.

As for the oil spill... this is crap, and Exxon is crap. My uncle was a commercial fisherman in Alaska during the Valdez incident and they were supposed to compensate those affected in the local area which didn't happen. I hope this company goes bankrupt and goes soon.

I think we are on a path towards alternative fuels but at the moment it's not viable cost-wise even with the government subsidizing various efforts (which cause more problems than it solves, sometimes). Also the population density is a lot different here in the US than a lot of the world. Because of the way we developed we drive a lot longer distances. Also we have this bad habit of heating our entire houses and not just the rooms we use.

New batteries have been invented that are around 2000x more powerful than current day ones... here comes tha ge of electric cars! :)

Back