Facebook building cold storage data facility to maintain your old pics

By Shawn Knight
Feb 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Earlier this year it was revealed that Facebook users have uploaded more than 240 billion photos to the social network and add another 350 million photographs each day. As you can imagine, it takes an incredible amount of space to...

Read more
  2. The won't be maintaining mine, I don't have a disgrace-book account.
    davislane1 likes this.
  3. I always knew Farcebook was cold.
  4. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Booster Posts: 655   +34

Then they will sell 240 billion photos to a Chinese company
  5. waterproof

waterproof TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 235

Yet here you are commenting on a Facebook article.
  6. LukeDJ

LukeDJ TechSpot Addict Posts: 413   +111

Last time I checked, this was a Techspot article about Facebook. I don't see how he is in any way supporting Facebook by reading this article and commenting.
  7. highlander84

highlander84 TechSpot Member Posts: 88   +17

I think its funny how people always wanna rag on this or that. This is a good move for Facebook if people like Facebook or not. It will reduce operating cost and seriously, once you upload a photo to Facebook its all cool for what a week? then it never gets clicked on again. IMO its a great idea.
  8. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Sounds desperate, trying to plug holes in a sinking boat.
  9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,066   +1,179

Sinking or not, its a boat you will not catch me in again. Been there done that, and now I have a Facebook account I can't delete. I deactivated my account but as far as I know, its still there just waiting to be activated again.
  10. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 563   +96

Sounds inevitable for Facebook, and like a good plan to manage how the service is actually used in hardware. Heaps of photos are probably barely ever looked at again. I can?t recall when I last looked at some stuff that I posted in 2009. Probably some day in 2009.
  11. All your Photo are belong to us

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.