TechSpot

Facebook enables free voice calling for Android users in the US

By Jos
Apr 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook has rolled out an update to its Messenger app for Android that will allow users of the social network to start free voice and video calls with friends over a Wi-Fi or data connection. The free calling service launched...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,187   +748

Who are they kidding... everyone who'e glued to facebook doesn't actually speak with their friends anymore.

3. Probaly recording, saving and selling conversations.

4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,752   +96

Let's not forget the ads, but if your on Chrome use BLOCKER plugin. There is 3 line of code to get ride of the frame to the right side in FB on Chrome. This only works in Chrome. On Android device you use Adfree but the tablet or smarphone needs to be rooted.

5. Ravik

Ravik TS Rookie Posts: 44   +8

"In your recent phone conversation you mentioned 'Adam West'...would you like to send him a personalized friend invitation?" - YES / NO

treetops likes this.
  6. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 956   +22

I don't see why this is useful because on smartphones many or most people have unlimited talk and limited data. Tmobile for one has unlimited talk and only 500M data at full speed for $50. Does anyone know of any unlimited data plans, or even those sold seperately?

7. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 569   +109

If I recall correctly, Virgin Mobile has a $50 plan that is unlimited talk, text, and data.

8. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,721   +63

To bad you can't just buy unlimitted data on a phone and hook yourself up with talk\text apps.

9. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +108

No thanks. I don't want Facebook data mining my phone calls too.

10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

Wow what a revolutionary new feature. So Apple-like.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.