TechSpot

Facebook encouraging members to share organ donor status

By Shawn Knight
May 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook is hoping to use their massive member pool for something besides keeping in touch with friends. The social network has announced a plan that will encourage users to share...

Read the whole story

2. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

Requires Timeline unfortunately...

3. I don't think Google nor Facebook's appetite for information will be satisfied until the term private-life has become obsolete.

4. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,953   +162

I believe its Germany that makes you a donor by default, I kinda like the idea. Yes yes thank you FB for adding this uh hopefully people will actually check your FB after you die to see if you are a organ donor and I do not see that happening. Maybe in the year 3000ish er nah fb wont be around then.

5. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

I'll be an organ donor..I didn't say they will be MY organs though.

6. Just remember to sign the back of you're driver's license, just posting It on facebook Is meaningless

7. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

This feature was inspired by Steve Jobs according to Mark Zuckerberg, because SJ's life was prolonged a few years because he received a liver transplant.

8. This latest request for highly personal information is obscene. Anyone who shares this kind of information with Facebook is absolutely out of their minds.