Facebook garbage

learninmypc

Is there any way to get rid of this crap?
FB Garbage.JPG
It hasn't done any good to x them out, they reappear.
They appear on the right under the Home, Find Friends, & your name area? :mad:

I dont know, they dont come up for me. I also have an app called Disconnect which blocks tracking items like the recommended pages. You could also ad the EasyPrivacy filter to Adblock. Disconnect seems to block the recommended BS you are talking about since those track you and recommend from what you look at.

Ok, problem. I've installed Disconnect, but will need your patient help on configuring it.:)

All you need to do is install it and exit the Window that asks you to donate. That is all. You can hide the button since it is not necessary. If web pages appear broken, it is most likely because of disconnect. It happens rarely though. If a web page comes up corrupted or broken, press the menu button on chrome --> Tools --> Extensions --> Uncheck Adblock and Disconnect --> refresh page --> do what you need --> go back and re-enable them. Good luck :).

When I disable my extensions, I get back the "Sponsored" section on FB. I dont think that is the same as what you have. I cannot find a clear answer online. Some people say install something called "FB Purity". Not sure how safe it is though.

JC713, here is a google search for FB Purity. All the results I see have a green wot circle which tells me they're safe. If I have to live with it, which I have been doing, I will. I just thought I'd ask the experts in here & I thank you for your help.

JC713, thank you for your help. I even installed it on my Google Chrome but to no avail. I'll live with it.
Tedster, thank you also. I guess I'll live with it till ??? :)

Back