Facebook not working via WiFi

Hello

If someone could please help me I would be so grateful!

I have already read all the forums I could find on other people experiencing the same problem as me but those that were able to find solutions are still not able to fix my problem. So here is a breakdown of what my problem is and what I have already done:

- Facebook.com (and all related domains I.e. //https://www.facebook.com/messages/) is no longer accessible through my home wifi. This is on my iphone 4s, boyfriends LG Optimus, Dell Laptop and Macbook Pro Laptop.
- If we turn wifi off on our mobiles and switch to 3G then it is able to work
- When we try to access the page all that comes up is Google Chrome could not connect to www.facebook.com
- I have tried using Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer and same problem
- I have reset my Netgear router to factory settings and after that changed wifi name and password
- I have firewall set to 'Off' (although when I went to do this it was already set to Off..... should I change it to Low? Tried changing it to Low and still no result)
- I have checked the Blocked Sites section of my router and no sites or keywords are being blocked
- I have reset the default settings in the Firewall section of my Control Panel on my Dell Laptop
- I have gone to this part as someone else said worked for them C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and looked up the hosts file but facebook nor any error messages seem to appear
- I have run ping and tracert and these are the results (don't know how to make sense of them though)

If anyone can shed some light please help! (Obviously it's only facebook but still quite annoying!)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ping facebook.txt
    635 bytes · Views: 16
  • tracert facebook.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 9
Hello

If someone could please help me I would be so grateful!

I have already read all the forums I could find on other people experiencing the same problem as me but those that were able to find solutions are still not able to fix my problem. So here is a breakdown of what my problem is and what I have already done:

- Facebook.com (and all related domains I.e. //https://www.facebook.com/messages/) is no longer accessible through my home wifi. This is on my iphone 4s, boyfriends LG Optimus, Dell Laptop and Macbook Pro Laptop.
- If we turn wifi off on our mobiles and switch to 3G then it is able to work
- When we try to access the page all that comes up is Google Chrome could not connect to www.facebook.com
- I have tried using Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer and same problem
- I have reset my Netgear router to factory settings and after that changed wifi name and password
- I have firewall set to 'Off' (although when I went to do this it was already set to Off..... should I change it to Low? Tried changing it to Low and still no result)
- I have checked the Blocked Sites section of my router and no sites or keywords are being blocked
- I have reset the default settings in the Firewall section of my Control Panel on my Dell Laptop
- I have gone to this part as someone else said worked for them C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and looked up the hosts file but facebook nor any error messages seem to appear
- I have run ping and tracert and these are the results (don't know how to make sense of them though)

If anyone can shed some light please help! (Obviously it's only facebook but still quite annoying!)

Thanks in advance.
Both your links work for me using FF. You might try going to Tools>Options>Advanced Tab>Network Tab>Click the Settings button & make sure NO Proxy is clicked on. Good luck.

Go into your router settings and turn off IPV6. Facebook pages/apps do not render properly using that protocol. Most of the time pictures do not show up. Good luck!

The two pictures show your dns is translating the url to the IP and the traceroute shows your TCP can get there.

This indicts the browser or your addons.

Solve this with your browsers before fussing with the iPhones.

Make sure you enable one or the other { wired vs wifi } but not both at the same time.

Is your problem solved now if yes please tell how did you solved it. I am experiencing the same problem

I am getting the same problem on pc , phone and laptop. I tried everything and still facebook is not opening . even m.facebook.com is not opening . I also tried to download facebook messenger on pc and laptop but it shows the same problem.

''This web page is not available

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN''
if anyone knows the solution please help me :'(

Facebook has a history of poor updates, or inability to update.
You can try to uninstall then reinstall. Most likely you will have to wait for FB to find a fix.

Back