TechSpot

Facebook now lets you decide what happens to your account after you pass away

1. Facebook is rolling out new options that will allow you to choose a person to maintain your account after your die. The feature will initially be available in the US, with other countries to follow later.

Read more

2. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 957   +273

It must be a common issue with FB users. I think this is a strong indication that many FB users are simply not intelligent enough to live a full life and die young. I wouldn't be surprised if this new "feature" will be discussed in a court of law at some point.

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,608   +295

Lots of money lost by lawyers who no longer have to amend wills to include the likes of "And to Cousin Jim, I leave my FB account".

4. "Facebook is rolling out new options that will allow you to choose a person to maintain your account after your die."
    oh come on, your die, really?

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

So now Facebook has invented the means to weasel its way into everyone's last will and testament?

If you put your wishes for your Facebook account into a living will, would you be forced to include, "targeted ads"?:mad:

6. Why is it not a prerequisite to be able to delete an account completely? Why does this company need to keep data from someone who is deceased? Besides being completely insensitive, this just has "NSA" written all over it!! What is wrong with these people? I think the law suits will be emanating form the families of the deceased. It's a disgusting practice.