TechSpot

Facebook officially announces Messenger for Windows

By Leeky
Mar 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Even though it was made available several months ago, Facebook yesterday officially announced the release of their Facebook Messenger for Windows. The social networking giant also promised that an Appleā€¦

Read the whole story

2. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

I think this is pretty useful actually. Instead of actually being on Facebook you can just have this running and when you get notifications, go to the website to view them if need be. Better than getting notifications via email or sms, in my opinion. But like they say you can't please everybody.

3. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,710   +62

ever since my windows messenger got corrupted over and over in my earliest days using a computer iv disliked instant messengers

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

About time, considerign they got rid of the messenger URL. I used it before in a separate smaller browser window.

5. Recycle

Recycle TS Rookie Posts: 53

I'd like to note that Facebook's chat uses XMPP, so any multi-protocol chat client should be able to interface with it just fine. (Though--it's sketchy sometimes, like facebook chat is naturally.)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.