TechSpot

Facebook to launch music service on September 22

By Shawn Knight
Aug 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook plans to launch a music service on September 22, which happens to coincide with the company’s F8 conference. The news comes via CNBC’s twitter feed which reported the headline‚Ķ

Read the whole story

2. DeliciousPie

DeliciousPie TS Member Posts: 41

Cool, another service that won't be available in Canada!

3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

Well, its pretty much like this:

You want the cool stuff first? Go to the US. You want superior healthcare? Go to Canada.

4. Ugh, I'm not a Facebook hater like some of the "get-off-my-lawn" type users here. But, this just doesn't seem like a wise decision. The music industry is *extremely* saturated with music, artist, labels and music-offering services. It's like beating a dead horse at this point. Why doesn't Facebook invest in App development for mobile and/or desktop operating systems? There's a lot of potential in the "app" marketplaces (See, Angry Birds). Meanwhile music services are just the same old crap.

5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,260   +223

You want cheap stuff? Go to China! :O

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,920   +687

Want to be ripped off with higher than normal prices on everything? Go to australia.

Or maybe you want to be mugged by a 14 year old child? come to the UK! :p

7. M1r

M1r TS Enthusiast Posts: 45

Another useless vertical integration. Ah well, it'll be better for the consumer...more competition, right?

8. diskre

diskre TS Rookie

Thumbs Up! artix.

9. Rachey

Rachey TS Rookie

This has the potential to be cool. I feel like Facebook has been in the "recommendation" game for too long, and social media is moving past that. It's like "interactive" is now defined by being actually interactive -- e.g. watching YouTube videos embedded in your video chat with your video chat partner (see the Rounds video chat app on Facebook - http://apps.facebook.com/chatrounds/?publisherid=elena&campaignid=BC&bannerid=0 )