TechSpot

Facebook, underwriters sued over "secret" changes to revenue forecast

By Shawn Knight
May 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook's record-setting IPO was the talk of the town leading up to last Friday when shares were made available for purchase on the NASDAQ. To say that the process went...

Read the whole story

2. To say that the process went smoothly would be the understatement of the century”
    I don’t often comment on people’s writing however understatement implies that the event is being sold short, or not built-up enough. With the problems encountered during the IPO, I believe misstatement would be more appropriate.
    An understatement would be along the lines of “to say the process didn’t go too smoothly…”

3. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 733   +230

Edit: "<I>didn't</I> smoothly".

Wait, Morgan and Goldman Sachs involved in a <I>stock scandal</I>? It can't be! Four years later and still not a single indictment or arrest. Nothing but huge bonuses from the companies they plundered and hot air from DC. America the Stolen.

4. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 733   +230

Edit of edit: "<I>didn't go</I> smoothly". (I swear this site's comments sometime drop small words like "go" and "to". Is it my HTML...?)

5. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 198   +18

I see the incorrect turn of phrase has been mentioned. I was very confused when I read that on the front page, then followed the link to see the article saying the opposite of "saying the process went smoothly would be the understatement of the century."

6. Facehook sux. I care about ownership of my personal information, photos and thoughts. I do not communicate with complete strangers. I have an independant brain and do not follow the pack. My friends are real, touchable people. Mark Zuckerberg is nothing but an opportunistic thief. He values your information at $100 but you at $0.

Enjoy the fall of Facehook and the unstoppable rise of Google. I will.

7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Your implication is that people care about Facebook as a brand the same way they cared about MySpace as a brand. They don't. Facebook = MySpace. G+ = Facebook.. X? = G+/Facebook

People are going to move to whichever format provides them access to their friends. I have 10 times as many friends on FB as on Google, so I'm staying on FB. If they all move to G+, I'll consider moving.

8. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

orly

9. Right...............
    And google don't do any of that? google are a nice company who protect your data eh...........?

10. "Would be the overstatement of the century."

11. another ripoff by the wall street .
    When they stop this greed!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.