Facebook won't load

Hi, I know this has been posted a million times but I cant find the right answer. Facebook will not load! Not only does it not work on my laptop but it wont work on my iphone if I am connected to my wifi. I have tried most of the advice I actually understand. Deleted cookies, unchecked the proxy settings thingy. Please help!

Hi Leanna. I assume you can connect to other web sites. Were you ever able to connect to Facebook in this manner but now you can't, or you were never able to?. Was this a new router or from someone else?. I would never use a router from someone else without first doing a factory reset.Try connecting your laptop straight to your modem with an Ethernet cable. If it does connect, and you then try again to connect either wired or wirelessly through your router and you can't connect with either the laptop or phone, it looks like the router has been set to block access to Facebook. If you try the modem only route again and verify that it still connects, I would do a factory reset of the router, then set it up again. I assume you are using WPA2 encryption on the router. Make sure you change the router administration password from it's default password, maybe even change the network key. Anyone else have physical access to your network?.

After doing everything suggested here and elsewhere, I finally discovered that my computer's clock was set to the wrong time and when I fixed that, Facebook loads just fine.

Back