TechSpot

Facing problems with TV tuner

By hitech0101
Feb 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I recently bought Avermedia t.v. tuner AverTV Hybrid PCI-E.I installed the software that came with it the device seemed to work fine but then i tried tuning & setting up to watch t.v. but the device failed to pick up any signal i tried all options but still I am not recieving any video output.I have both analog and digital cable but none seem to work then i tried to connect the set top box with s-video then also i couldn't get any signal.I tried same thing with windows media center it crashed twice then it failed to yield any result.Currently i am only able to listen to FM radio using the tuner also the remote that came with it works too but tuning the t.v. is where i am stuck at. Please help me.

2. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 467

What computer do you have? What OS? Is this a build you did? what GPU do you have? need a lot more info than just what tuner card you have.

3. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 429   +19

I have mentioned my specs in 'system specs'.Once again here they are
    Intel C2D 2.8GHz
    Intel DG31PR
    4 GB DDR2 RAM
    nvidia 8400GS 512 MB
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.