TechSpot

Failing to start up

By KaizereX
Jan 2, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have a fairly new Vaio laptop with windows vista ultimate on it. one night my laptop froze up and ctrl+alt+Del didn't even bring up the task manager,the screen and everything on it was frozen nothing i tried worked so i turned it off with the power button and wen i started it up again it couldn't move pass the Microsoft corporation loading screen.i waited for a long time but nothing happened. it wouldn't even get to the log in screen. so i reluctantly turned it off with the power button again. this time it went to the start up repir screen and it couldn't repair the problem i've attempted 5 start up repairs and used the windows memory diagnostics tool 3 or 4 times and i still can't boot up my laptop fully
  2. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

By "start up repair" do you mean the Windows install disc repair utility?
  3. KaizereX

KaizereX TS Rookie Topic Starter

no that's what the utility calls itself: windows start up repair
  4. KaizereX

KaizereX TS Rookie Topic Starter

the prompt where u see "windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. if files have been damaged or configured incorrectly start up repair can help diagnose and fix the problem....and tthen u have a choice between starting windows normally and launching the start up repair
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.