Fan and Heatsink Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafficflow

I need help with info on a fan. I have a Dell 170L mobo wit h a prescott 3.0 guz cpu. The Cpu number is Intel SL7PM. I need a fan to keep it cool. The one i have is not the right one and it overheated. Will the fan and heatsink that is recommended for the 170L be enough to keep it cool if I try to oc? I found a fan and heatsink at Electronic discount but it does not come with a base. I found some bases on ebay but i am not sure what to get. Is the base the same as a 2400 style or is it the optiplex model. Thanks

Get your heatsink and fan as a package. Be careful so as to assure they will fit in the case with lots of breathing room. Zalman is our preference for the best... they offer more choices. Also like Dynatron, Tuniq, Thermaltake, and SuperMicro...
Just watch the space available so it will fit easily.

Fan Heatsink Info

I have been checking all the different fans and there is a lot to pick from. TheP4
Prescott runs hot so should I have big heatsink? What should the rpm be? Any help would be appreciated. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks

Get the heatsink and fan as a package... Zalman is good... but make sure everything will fit.
The P4 Prescott has not been a problem when a decent heatsink-fan combo is used.
Also, a case fan that moves a lot of air quietly is a big help.

Thanks for the feedback Raybay. Will double check on the size. What rpm motor should I be looking? There is different speeds. Maybe I can find out the speed of the optiplex or does anybody know? Good idea about the case fan!

Slow as possible to keep the noise down, but big fan blades to keep the air moving swiftly... and expensive enough for somebody to pay for design to make the blades and motor work together for the best cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back