TechSpot

Fan Controller recommendation

By Corwin613
Feb 25, 2009
  1. Can anyone recommend a good fan controller? I have one currently but you can't adjust it manually or anything and it beeps when the temp changes...

Though I do admit to liking the LCD display panel that shows the date and clock etc but I've forgotten how to set it....

My system currently has 3 internal case fans and the cpu fan

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Fan controllers are not really necessary... They are more trouble than they are worth. Try Googling for ideas

3. Corwin613

Corwin613 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 93

yeah but waht ideas should i be looking for? Why are they more throuble then they are worth anyhow?

4. Tmagic650

5. Corwin613

Corwin613 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 93

heh better you say? yeah well my newest computer currently is at least 6 years old so I am not sure if my motherboard does something like that plus not all my fans are plugged into the motherboard in the first place

6. Tmagic650

If a person picked high quality case fans that were efficient and quiet in the first place, they would not need any kind of fan controller. Your 6 year old fans might have benefitted from being controlled all these years. We are only talking about case fans and not the CPU fan, right?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.