Fan on power supply constantly running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha50

the fan on my power supply for my desktop is constantly running. I took it to the geek squad before and they replaced it. when i brought it home and hooked it up the fan constantly runs on the power supply. does that mean they stuck the wrong one in. or is the one they claim to have stuck in bad. oh and the only reason i went to the geek squad was my pc was under warranty.

Your kidding aren't you ? It's supposed to be to draw out the heat.
Be worried when it doesn't,be happy it is.
Just get at least a 500.

Fans are supposed to run its when they dont that you have problems, i'm suprised geek squad replaced it if that was the problem you told them.

yeah usually i wouldnt take it to the geek squad but i didnt have the money to just fix it myself or i would have. well at least it is running then. thanks guys

Buy a better power supply and install it yourself. It takes a #2 phillips screwdriver and removal of four screws, plus the case cover. Be sure it is unplugged.
The fan is supposed to run all the time because enormous amounts of heat can be genereated.
But a good one will run quietly. If it is qualtiy, you will not hear it.

this is a problem?

Either you you turned off cool & quiet technology in the bios, or your thermal sensor is bad. But this really isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back