Fan or fanless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi... I've recently bought AMD Athlon II x2 250 (3.0 GHz) and Biostar TA785GX BE 128M. I also have AOC 22" lcd monitor and seagate 320gb hard disk.
Now I'm looking for SAPPHIRE ATI graphic card HD 43501gb ddr2 or HD 4650 1 gb ddr2. Now here is my query The HD 4350 card comes with fanless cooling technology and HD 4650 card comes with a cooling Fan. Which one consumes less power?
What are thier minimum PSU requirement? And which one should I buy?
I'm not experienced with graphic cards.
Please help.....

Hi vashistha1987 ,
you are comparing apples to oranges here. first of all 1GB of vram on either of these cards is worthless. cards in this range do not make use of a gig of ram. save a few bucks and get the 512 version. second the 4650 is much more powerful than the 4350, so it depends on what games,what resolution you want to run at. neither of them require an additional power connector and run off the maximum 75w provided by the PCIE slot. the 4350 will use slightly less power,(25w) the 4650(40w) . the 4650 requires a 400w PSU and the 4350 a 300W PSU. hope that helps :)

Hi vashistha1987. Did you look into the Sapphire HD 4670 which I mentioned in your other thread. That, IMO, would be a better buy than any of the above cards you mention.

The HD 4350 card comes with fanless cooling technology and HD 4650 card comes with a cooling Fan. Which one consumes less power?
What are thier minimum PSU requirement? And which one should I buy?

Though both will use air from inside your case for cooling, the performance of the cooler without the fan will be more dependent on case air temperature.

Hi..Ritwik7. Yes i looked Sapphire H4670 as you mentioned in my first thread. this card has a DDR3 memory which is pretty faster then the DDR2. I googled availability of this card and found only "Techshop.in" have this. There are two versions of this card one with 512mb ddr3 which will cost Rs 5145 and the another one with 1gb ddr3 will cost Rs 5880. See:-
//techshop.in/store/index.php?cPath=320_4
That's out of my budget. While there were also two more brands having the HD4670 gpu one is Powercolor HD 4670 1gb DDR3 will cost Rs 5066 only which cheaper than Sapphire 512 mb. And also one was MSI HD 4670 1 gb DDR3, the cheapest card with same capabilities. Are Powercolor and Msi good options???
I've also given order for Cooler Master Extreme 460w psu for RS 2900. Will it work if I go with HD 4670 or else.

Don't go for the 1GB card as the 512MB will suffice. The 460W Cooler Master will run the HD 4670 fine.

Hi.. Ritwik7. Thanks for your suggestion, it really helped me out.
So this is my new rig configuration :-
AMD Athlon II x2 250 (3.0 G Hz)
Biostar TA785GX BE 128M
SAPPHIRE ATI HD 4670 512 MB DDR3
Cooler Master Extreme 460W PSU
And at the last I've one more query to be solved that is the above rig confg has exceeded out of my budget. but i'll manage anyhow. I think this new rig needs more then an ordinary cabinet which should be more airy then the ordinary one to keep my hardwares cool and make them for better performance. Can I modify a cheap cabinet like IBALL WORKEHORSE by cutting its side penal and top as the CM Extreme 460W has cooling fan on top. I couldn't found any cheap caby as I can't afford the costlier one like CM, Antec and so on.
Thus I am looking for a cheap caby which can be modify (if possible) by adding one 120mm fan on top and another one on front to suck air and two 80mm on side penal as exhaust fan to throw out the air. Or just one 120mm fan would work fine? I've heard about Zebronics cabinets like Bijli, Antibiotic and Peace, but don't much about them and their prices without PSU.
Could you please solve this?

@ red - I would have suggested that case but I think that's well over her budget.

@ vashistha - For now just use the cabinet you have (as long as the mobo fits). Check your temperatures and if you think it's getting too warm just open the side panel. Save up some more and get that Antec 300 red recommended later.

@ red - I would have suggested that case but I think that's well over her budget..

First I'm a 20 year old boy not a girl. Currently pursuing graduation not doing any job and won't work till I don't complete my graduation. I've spend all my money on components I've bought.
Second If left my side panel opened then my mobo and other components will get dirt on them and i'll have clean up'em almost in every two days. As my new home is in far opened field and the home is still under construction which is supposed to be completed not before 6 months. What will I do with them which I have bought and the PsU I've ordered supposed to be delivered with in 3-4 days. Currently using my old cabinet and PSU 350W made by Mercury. But after 2 hours it is on heat
I simply asked you that can a cheap caby be modified to make it more airy or not.
and about Zebronics could you please send a list of Zebronics Cabies along with their prices.
Thanks a lot

First I'm a 20 year old boy not a girl.

Oops! My bad!

I simply asked you that can a cheap caby be modified to make it more airy or not.

What's your budget for a case? If you're comfortable modding a case then go ahead. You can always make useful customizations. However, I wouldn't know too much about that. Google around or post a thread here and see if anyone can help you out with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back