Fastbuild Utility and Error Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ with a Western Digital Hard drive ( WD Caviar SE). My computer went through this process where it finally just stopped starting up for me. I finally gave up and formatted my entire computer. I thought initially that it was th hard drive, then I saw one of my ATA Serial cords was broken. I replaced that. I went to reinstall WIndows XP onto the computer and it would get part of the way through setup then went it asked me to push enter to install it would tell me no hard drive disks were found. I put in my SATA drivers disk and it did nothing, so I downloaded the Data Lifeguard Diagnostics from the WD website. Now whenever I start up the computer it is saying Reboot and Select proper boot device.
I also have the option to enter the Fastbuild Utility...which I never saw on startup until recently. I have no idea how to set up the array and no clue what's wrong with my computer.... Any help or suggestions would be nice.

That's the motherboard, right? Sorry, I'm new to the DIY computer fixing. I knonw a lot about internal fixes, just not much about the hardware.

I wasn't trying to set it up. The fastbuild utility just kinda showed up when i tried to reboot the computer. It's saying no Array is defined. And I've tried using several different arrays. The computer recognized the hard drive. My master is set to ATAPI CDROM....

ok go into your BIOS go over to the advance tab at the top. the go into IDE Configuration. make sure that SATA Operation Mode is set to [non-RAID]

ok in the bios go to the boot tab at the top and change your 1st Boot Device to cd or dvd driver and the 2nd Boot Device to HDD

ok I tweaked a few things. It's allowing me to start XP setup... hopefully I won't have anymore problems.. TYSM for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back