FASTEST computer in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadoud76

Anyone know what is the fastest standard computer in the world?
I have a candidate, but I dont want to get spanked :), so you guys show me what is the best u seen.

Hmmm.... I got an Answer!

After like 3 seconds of thinking this is what I got.

x4 nVidia 8800 ( Or x4 X2900XTX, that new ATI card I hear so much about )
T200000 internet connection ( Only us cool people have it ) 8 quad core processors, 600 fans, watercooling, 100,000w PSU

Something like this....

I mean this:
Shuttle minidesktop
Intel 6 level chip(I dont know what is the name of the chip,I'll try to post it later but those shuttle pc's use many levels instead of one big chip so it fits in a small pc)P.S:levels same as building levels
Pump Watercooling
8GB RAM Dual Channel
8800 GS/GTX(Forgot too) Nvidia GeForce 1GB
Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme Edition 3.6Ghz 4MB L2 Cache
2 terrabyte HDD (Supports up to 3 Terrabyte HDD)
The remaining stuff...:10/100/1000 Network Card
1.44 FDD
18x DVD Writer
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
AND what I meant by standard is a computer just like the one normal people use, not the really complex ones.
I'd post a link if I see one, but as far as my googling goes, I am not finding anything.

Actually I dont know if we can count overclocking, but nevertheless Intel Core 2 Quadro Extreme Edition QX6700 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.66GHz (1066FSB) can overclock to 3.6 on each core.But I dont know if overclocking reduces the lifespan of it too.....

Well, double the RAM in that machine and it's even "faster". You can't think ready-made systems like that - there's always some tiny detail to "improve". If not now, then next week for sure :)

And besides, there is more to computers and performance than expensive bits and Big Numbers.

Come to think of it...AMD has better CPU's than Intel.... But speaking of the RAM's I dont really know if there are 4GB and 8GB RAM pieces, nor do I know that there are more than 4 slots for RAM on a board....And if you know a tiny bit of math, u'd know that 2*4=8

Well, needs a better board then!! Why should I use an inferior design with only two RAM slots!? It'd slow me down!

It was you who put "FASTEST" in all capital letters in the title. Sure, SFF is nice, but it's not fast, is it? Full tower all the way or you'll be eating the dirt of other FASTER machines!

Crays are the fastest standard computers. Except they don't run windows. And they cost millions of dollars. Why?

Because they're super computers that have like 512 Quad core CPUs. and 256GB of Memory. Not to mention the 512TB HDDs they come standard with. Yep Cray makes a very good super computer.

Do you know where I could buy one of those 512TB hard drives? I could really use the space, but I have always thought that having a thousand separate drives would be a bit awkward :p

Crays are the fastest standard computers...that have like 512 Quad core CPUs. and 256GB of Memory. Not to mention the 512TB HDDs they come standard with. Yep Cray makes a very good super computer.

Since when is that a Standard PC? :D

That is never a standard computer...I meant something that could be considered a DESKTOP COMPUTER or a LAPTOP COMPUTER...and please...if

Nodsu:
Well, needs a better board then!! Why should I use an inferior design with only two RAM slots!? It'd slow me down!

It was you who put "FASTEST" in all capital letters in the title. Sure, SFF is nice, but it's not fast, is it? Full tower all the way or you'll be eating the dirt of other FASTER machines!

dude....I WAS SAYING that..... that..... a 2gb*4=8...you seriously dont know how to do math :p

and why the full tower....if you have watercooling, 8gb of ram, and a quadcore, a good server board man you are secure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back