TechSpot

fat 32 and kazaa downloads

By Amigosdefox
Sep 21, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am using Windows Me and I am planning to install Windows XP soon and reformat my hard disk to NTSF. I read that you cannot change the location of the partial .dat kazaa downloads because its location is written into the file itself. I want to backup my downloads folder and then re copy it into the same location after I instal Windows XP. Does it matter if the files were originally created under FAT32 if they are going to be read and modified in Windows XP in NTSF? Also will I have any problems sharing files in a network with a Windows 98 machine?
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

So you're planning to make a clean install of XP, not to upgrade? You could convert the partition to NTFS without affecting the files. As far as I know, the information for downloading is not in those .dat files but in 'db' directory in KaZaA.
  3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

You could keep FAT32 and install WinXP...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.