Fatal error code C0000034 Windows 7

andyglad

I'm a real novice on computers so apologies for the lack of information. I recently installed some windows updates and when my computer restarted it become stuck on:

fatal error code C0000034 applying update 288

I can't get into safe mode. The only thing I can do is go into startup repair, which after a lengthy scan tells me that it can't fix the problem. I'm using Windows 7. Any idea what to do?

If you insert the Windows 7 disc and then boot does the set up run?

So what happens when you use F8 to get into safe mode, does it just come up with the error message?

If it will boot from the disc as soon as it starts hit Shift+F10 which will take you to the command prompt.

Then type in rstrui.exe and hit enter, this will run System Restore take it back before the update.

I encountered this exact same problem today. I can get to the point of a system restore, although it's deleted any points prior to the update installation. I feel like I'm chasing my tail.

If you insert the Windows 7 disc and then boot does the set up run?

So what happens when you use F8 to get into safe mode, does it just come up with the error message?

If it will boot from the disc as soon as it starts hit Shift+F10 which will take you to the command prompt.

Then type in rstrui.exe and hit enter, this will run System Restore take it back before the update.

I don't have a Windows 7 disc.
Nothing happens when pressing F8 during start up.
Did lauch start up repair and it goes on to Window is loading files... and stays there until the computer goes to sleep.

Back