Fatal Error on Win XP - Event 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!

I'm receiving a fatal error every day 10 min after I turn on the PC... It reboots by its own and after works "Fine".

The error is:

Error code 00000096, parameter1 861ba298, parameter2 8055a47c, parameter3 8055a440, parameter4 8056aec0.

Event ID: 1003
Category: 102

I'm really looking for it on internet but I have no Idea how to fix it.
Btw, I didnt install anything so far... just updated a SAP application but a few weeks ago! Please, could you help me?! Nothing new on hardware as well.

Thanks a lot,
Ricardo

I have never seen this error code before and this is how Microsoft defines it:

Bug Check 0x96: INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM
The INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM bug check has a value of 0x00000096. This bug check indicates that a queue entry was removed that contained a null pointer.

Cause
The INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM bug check occurs when KeRemoveQueue removes a queue (data structure) entry whose flink or blink field is NULL.

Any queue misuse can cause this error. But typically this error occurs because worker thread work items are misused.

An entry on a queue can be inserted on the list only one time. When an item is removed from a queue, its flink field is set to NULL. Then, when this item is removed the second time, this bug check occurs.

In most situations, the queue that is being referenced is an ExWorkerQueue (executive worker queue).

* Basically it is driver caused but we don't know which driver. Whatever it is it is "breaking" the line of data struture thus creating crashes.

Question: Are you using Firefox for your browser?

I have never seen this error code before and this is how Microsoft defines it:

Bug Check 0x96: INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM
The INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM bug check has a value of 0x00000096. This bug check indicates that a queue entry was removed that contained a null pointer.

Cause
The INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM bug check occurs when KeRemoveQueue removes a queue (data structure) entry whose flink or blink field is NULL.

Any queue misuse can cause this error. But typically this error occurs because worker thread work items are misused.

An entry on a queue can be inserted on the list only one time. When an item is removed from a queue, its flink field is set to NULL. Then, when this item is removed the second time, this bug check occurs.

In most situations, the queue that is being referenced is an ExWorkerQueue (executive worker queue).

* Basically it is driver caused but we don't know which driver. Whatever it is it is "breaking" the line of data struture thus creating crashes.

Question: Are you using Firefox for your browser?

Wow... first, thanks a lot for your answer!
Second, I'm sorry but I'm not that expert using windows, so i'm really confused about your explanation.
Here the pc's cannot run anything other than the basic applications, so, answering your question, I'm using IE 7. Also, Office 2007, Symantec Antivirus 2009 and SAP.

That's it! Thanks again for your reply. Do you have any idea of how I can solve it?!

Thanks a lot!
Ricardo

I am having the SAME problem. EXACTLY. Same time of day and everything. Right when the user arrives and starts to use the PC.

What kind of PC are you using?

I am having the SAME problem. EXACTLY. Same time of day and everything. Right when the user arrives and starts to use the PC.

What kind of PC are you using?

Whe are using IBM Desktops here... 1 GB RAM, P4... Pretty normal computers.
:(

Well, at least I'm not the only one having this problem, right!

Help us please, guys!

Thanks,
Ricardo

Okay, as far as I am understanding the definition a driver is "breaking" the line of communication for apps, etc. to work.

The question is which driver or drivers are the issue. Do you have minidumps to attach?

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Okay, as far as I am understanding the definition a driver is "breaking" the line of communication for apps, etc. to work.

The question is which driver or drivers are the issue. Do you have minidumps to attach?

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Ok! Here are attached the only 3 dmp files that I have!
"Mini042009-01.dmp" is the last one I received.
Thank you again!
Ricardo

All three are 0x96 and all three cite a OS driver which is too general to be of much help. MS says If the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk.

Also, try updating your NIC/ethernet drivers first. After doing so let us know if you are still getting BSODs.

Hey Ricardo-
Just wondering- as we are still having the same problem... What are your PCs used for? I'm trying to figure out what else would be consistent between our two problems.
I work at an automotive group- and our BSOD happen when we launch our database program, ADP, first thing in the AM.
What about yours?

Randi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back