Fatal Exception OE!!!

By Robin997
Jan 7, 2008
  1. hi guys,

i installed windows 98SE on one of my older computers which i plan to use for some of my good old games.

windows 98 installed perfectly, i installed sound drivers and graphics card drivers, and windows media player.

however, when i turned my pc on again after about 1 hour, and after the windows 98 load up screen came on the screen went blue, and this error message came up-

"a fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:C0014FDO the current application will be termnated" press any key to continue.

i can only now access windows via safe mode. I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what could be causing this.

i have reinstalled windows twice, and after using my pc and turning it off about 3 times this weird message apperars!!!

I have spent 3 of my days off trying to sort out this unknown problem.

any help whatsoever would be greatly appriciated.
  2. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,994

Fatal exception 0E at Windows means page fault. It maybe software or hardware error. As you can access Windows/ME at safe mode, it is not hardware error. I believe that one of the device driver is in error. Probably the graphical card device driver. Re-install graphical card device may resolve the problem.
  3. Robin997

Robin997 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 121

i recently came to the conclusion that the sound driver was at fault, my pc with windows 98 does not seem to like the ac97 driver i read somewhere that there was a file name that windows 98 had problems with.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.